Popples.org has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy. The following discloses the information gathering and dissemination practices for the web site: Popples.org.
If users have questions or concerns regarding this statement, they should contact us.
Information Collection and Use
Popples.org is the sole owner of the information collected on this site. Popples.org collects information from our users at several different points on our web site.
Yahoo! Group Registration
If a user wishes to join the Popples Yahoo! Group, they must complete Yahoo's registration form. The Popples Yahoo! Group is a service provided by Yahoo! Groups and we do not have control over nor access to the information it collects from the user. A user may leave the group at anytime by going to the Popples Yahoo! Group Homepage.
We request information by e-mail from a user who places on order from our site. We will collect contact information, such as name, shipping address, and e-mail, from the user. This information is used for filling a customerís order and contacting the customer about the order only. Financial information, such as credit card number and expiration date, is collected by a payment service provided by PayPal.com. We do not have control over nor access to the information it collects from the user.
A cookie is a piece of data stored on the userís computer tied to information about the user. We use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. For the session ID cookie, once users close the browser, the cookie simply terminates. A persistent cookie is a small text file stored on the userís hard drive for an extended period of time. Persistent cookies can be removed by manually from a user's computer by the user.
We use log files to collect demographic information, including but not limited to internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, and ensure that our site is accessible and viewable by our general audience. Our tracking services are provided by Extreme Tracking. We do not have control over nor access to the information Extreme Tracking collects from the user and we recommend that the user view their Privacy Policies.
Communications from the Site
Surveys & Contests
Occasionally, our site requests information from users via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and the user therefore has a choice whether or not to disclose this information. The requested information typically includes contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. All information collected from contests will be destroyed once the contest prizes have been awarded. Anonymous survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site. Usersí personally identifiable information is not shared with third parties.
Personal information is never collected by Popples.org without the user's knowledge or permission. We do not add users to the Popples Yahoo! Group without their specific request to be added.
Users who no longer wish to participate in the Popples Yahoo! Group may unsubscribe or update their personal information by logging into the Popples Yahoo! Group Homepage.
Though we make every effort to preserve user privacy, we may need to disclose personal information when required by law wherein we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on our web site.
In the event Popples.org goes through a business transition, such as a merger, being acquired by another person, or selling a portion of its assets, usersí personal information will, in most instances, be part of the assets transferred. Users will be notified via e-mail and prominent notice on our web site for 30 days prior to a change of ownership or control of their personal information. If as a result of the business transition, the usersí personally identifiable information will be used in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection they will be given choice consistent with our notification of changes section.
Instances of Sharing Information
Other than for the reasons outlined above, the information collected by Popples.org will never be shared with, given to, or sold to third parties.
To prevent invasion of privacy, we advised that users do not disclose personal information over the message board.
Third Party Advertising
The ads appearing on this web site are delivered to users by Burstmedia.com, Amazon.com, and Google Adsense. Information about usersí visit to this site, such as number of times they have viewed an ad (but not user name, address, or other personal information), is used to serve ads to users on this site. Please see our advertisers' web sites for their Privacy Policies.
This web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we, Popples.org, are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this web site.
Third Party Information Collection
As menioned before, Popples.org has no control or access to information collected by third parties that provide services and advertising on our web site.
- We will not collect, use, or distribute to third parties personal information of children under 13 years of age without prior verifiable parental consent.
- Children under 13 years of age may not participate in message boards or e-mail mailing lists without prior verifiable parental consent.
- Children under 13 years of age may not participate in contests or surveys in which they would need to divulge personal information.
- When verifiable parental consent is not obtained, we will only use the online contact information (such as e-mail) to:
- Respond directly to a child's request on a one-time basis and not use that information to re-contact the child for other purposes.
- Request the name or online contact information of a parent for the purpose of obtaining verifiable parental consent or providing parental notification.
- Respond more than once directly to a specific request from a child (such as in the case where a child requests a newsletter subscription) and not used to re-contact the child for other purposes. We will use our best efforts to provide parental notification, which will include the nature and intended use as well as an opportunity for the parent to prevent the use of the information and participation in the activity.
- We will not entice a child to divulge more information than is needed to participate in any activity, game, or service.
- Upon request of a parent, we will provide the parent a description of the specific types of a personally identifiable information collected from her child. Parents may refuse further use or future online collection of personally identifiable information and may obtain any personally identifiable information collected from their child.
- We will provide notice to children in age appropriate terms of what personally identifiable information is to be collected and explain the need for verifiable parental consent when necessary.
- We uphold a strict standard that the content on our web site is suitable for children.
- We will not provide links to web sites with content that are unsuitable for children.
- We will discourage children from sharing any personal information online.
All reasonable steps have been taken to ensure that user information is secure and password protected.
Notification of Changes
Items Guide |
Image Gallery |
Special Exhibits |
Popples for Sale |
Copyright © Rebecca Low. All rights reserved.
Designed by Rebecca Low & Jose Rodriguez.